Senior System Staff Field Applications Engineer (FAE) for ADAS/AD applications in US Region – New Posting!
On the Mark Recruiting Specialists, Inc. – Mark Shelton, President – 313-268-3373
Senior System Staff Field Applications Engineer (FAE) for ADAS/AD applications in US Region
(Please work with us directly, we will be glad to share the Clients information once you reach out to us; otherwise we cannot help you through the introduction, interview and offer process.)
Location: Farmington Hills, MI
A World Class Manufacturer of Automotive Electronic products is seeking a Sr. System Staff FAE for ADAS/AD. As Sr. System Field Application Engineer (SAE) for ADAS/AD you will play a major role in the expansion of the market-leading analog, power, sensing and digital products by providing outstanding application engineering support to our customers. You will also play a key role in the definition of the next generation of the Company’s Automotive Products working closely to the customer engineering teams and to Company application engineering and marketing teams.
- Drive the design-in activities of the complete automotive product portfolio in ADAS/AD applications in US region.
- Define new products in close cooperation with our innovative customers and our internal technical marketing and applications teams.
- Act as a technical interface and consult our customers during the development of all automotive applications with particular focus on OEMs.
- Derive customer system requirements and market trends to develop system value propositions together with internal interfaces (Product Marketers, Application Engineers, System Architects).
- Build a good understanding of different ADAS/AD product architectures and partner ecosystem (camera, perception, sensor etc.) to suggest/guide customers, to arrive at an optimal system design.
- Actively manage projects together with the Sales and Marketing departments to achieve design-in targets for the complete Company automotive product portfolio.
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with the customer engineering departments with particular focus on OEMs.
- Support global and regional innovation projects and cross-functional teams.
- Proactively connect with global cross-functional teams, expand your internal network and share your experience to drive global business expansion.
- Lead technical discussions with System Architects and Application Engineering experts to jointly define application roadmaps and product technical requirements.
- Collaborate internally with Application Engineers and Product Marketers and externally with local and global partners to develop documentation (fighting guides, application notes, whitepapers) and system demonstrators combining software and hardware.
- Provide applications’ trainings to FAE, Sales, Distributors and customers.
- Present Company technologies, products and applications in technical seminars.
You are best equipped for this task if you have:
- Minimum 10 years of related work experience, especially including 5+ years of experience in ADAS/AD applications.
- Experienced in HW/SW development of automotive applications preferable at Automotive Tier-1s or OEMs.
- Understand automotive system technical requirements and propose optimized products and solutions.
- Profound knowledge about semiconductors including SoC, MCU, Analog & Power products.
- Good understanding of automotive communication interfaces like Ethernet (AVB/TSN), CANFD, LIN, USB 2.0/3.0, PCIe, SerDes etc. This is key to identifying constraints w.r.t interconnects within and external to the ECU.
- Experience in building systems with Functional Safety and Cybersecurity will be preferable.
- Basic knowledge of development and manufacturing costs for commercial evaluation of the best system solution to propose to customers.
- Leadership skills to set direction for the development of projects and ability to negotiate optimal solution.
Degree: BSEE or similar Salary: Base plus bonus and excellent benefits Travel: up to 25%