Systems Engineer – Electronics (305)
Electronics Drives System Engineer
A Global Automotive Supplier is in need of an Electronics Drives System Engineer to be responsible for the electronics system level analysis and integration of brushless ECUs, including business acquisition and advanced development activities. This person will provide a technical interface to the customer and suppliers to the company. They will be responsible for the development, negotiation, and management of technical requirements. Coordinates cost effective technical solutions in a timely manner.
- Acts as electronics subject matter expert stakeholder in cross functional development teams, including the coordination and execution of needed development activities to support the business.
- Develop and release electronics specification according to the V-Model for brushless ECUs using DOORS or similar requirement management tool.
- Conduct and lead design reviews with subject matter experts from multiple disciplines such as hardware design, software design, PCB layout, electromechanical design, PCB layout, validation, and thermal management.
- Review customer specifications and provide analysis (chances & risks) regarding capability of existing products and/or development efforts necessary for capability. Propose alternative solutions according to overall system level needs of end customer and cost effectiveness.
- Define level of test samples, documentation, and preparation of samples for internal and external use according to Company standards.
- Determine root cause of ECU performance issues and support validation test incident root cause activities – including noise/vibration, torque ripple, component failures, software diagnostics, connections/wiring, power supply, and system level failure modes.
- Review and coordinate the creation of electronic drawings in collaboration with the Company’s central hardware department and other applicable design groups.
- Develop expertise in brushless motor commutation and EMC test methods of brushless ECUs.
Other required skills: DOORS, ISO26262, ASIL (automotive safety), EMC experience, OEM product launch experience, Project management experience
Degree: Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, System, Mechatronic, or Mechanical Engineering
Salary: Base plus great benefits and bonus plan