Sr. Engineering Manager Automotive Electronics – New Posting!
Senior Engineering Manager
We are partnered with a truly World Class Manufacturer of Automotive Electronics systems and solutions who is seeking a Sr. Engineering Manager who will lead all Systems Engineering activities in North America, including Technical Project Leads, Application (Calibration and Validation), Controls Development and all Software development activities.
- Execution of Systems Engineering project activities from project acquisition to production launch.
- Delivery of Systems Engineering solutions according to project milestones and scope.
- Drive new architectures and platforms.
- Conceptualize and direct the most complex systems, subsystems, and models, using advanced and investigative methods and techniques.
- Serve as the leading point of authority and/or source of technical/scientific knowledge for area of expertise.
- Integrate technology with functional expertise to influence the strategic direction of the business
- Drive the Systems Engineering Strategy and Roadmap for North America. The strategy defines key focus areas: the implementation scope, required resources and skills, required investment and a concrete implementation plan/roadmap.
- Drive and support organizational Business Processes and their improvement.
- Plan, implement and track engineering budgets.
- Responsible for the investments in the organization (e.g. HiL test systems, engineering tools, including the strategy for most efficient use of investments).
- Exceptional knowledge and creativity in developing critical opportunities which successfully impact the business.
- Ability to advance technologies, processes, and practices in area of specialization or discipline.
- Ability to learn, highly effective oral and written communication, set direction, team skills, demonstrated decision making skills, demonstrated organization skills and demonstrated leadership.
- Drive Quality standards, implementation and adherence into the organization.
- Drive Innovation Management, (e.g. patent filings, innovation council)
- 10+ years of automotive software engineering experience
- Minimum 3 years sound Leadership experience Leading People / Leading Projects
- Minimum 2 years broad business experience in a Cross-functional move, cross-organizational move or international experience
- Recent software management experience and experience in Agile development techniques
- Vehicle system and Engine system expertise, experience as a Project leader and in Product development
Degree: Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline, Master degree preferred.
Salary: Base salary plus bonus and excellent benefits