Sr. Mechanical Engineer – New Posting!
Senior Mechanical Engineer
A Global Tier 1 Supplier of Automotive Electronics is seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer. This person will be responsible for the design, evaluation, and implementation of mechanical components used in the packaging of automotive electronic systems. · Candidate will utilize engineering disciplines, such as DFMEA, DFM/DFA and CAE, to assure a robust design.
- General understanding of a variety of product designs, materials, and process technologies.
- Experience working with a team; this person will work closely with internal and external groups including CAD, purchasing, manufacturing, suppliers, and customers to assure robust designs that meets requirements.
- Interact with product engineering staff to propose, evaluate and recommend necessary design changes or other solutions.
- Perform and coordinate laboratory testing of prototypes for component and system level characterization.
- 4 to 7 years of mechanical experience
- Experience with laboratory testing and equipment including a mechanical test (tensile) machine highly desirable
- Experience with CAD design tools highly desirable
- Knowledge of packaging of electronics and manufacturing practices
- Candidate will need to be highly motivated, able to work with little supervision, and drive designs through completion.
Education: BSME or related field required
Travel: may include domestic and/or international travel to suppliers, customers and Company facilities.
Salary: Base, plus bonus and great benefits