Sr. Engineering Manager – New Posting!
Senior Engineering Manager
We are retained by our client, a World Class Manufacturer of Automotive Electronic Devices, who is seeking an experienced Engineering Manager with 10+ years’ experience in the automotive industry. The Engineering Manager is accountable for all activities conducted by the Engineering group in support of the company growth strategy. Ensures the establishment and maintenance of technological competencies. This includes the achievement of all project targets, operation within approved budget, and leadership of all engineering activities within the region.
- This person will have a demonstrated proficiency in applying the latest Electronic, Electro-mechanical and Mechanical designs
- 5 + years organizational and leadership skills demonstrated by past positions
- Complete understanding of automotive design/development cycles
- Proven track record of dealing with multiple disciplines, cultures, departments, and divisions
- International experience preferred
- Assignment of projects or work packages to team members according to PSP
- Authorization for expenditures within approved project and budget scope
- Hiring decision and overall development of department personnel
- Commitment for contract personnel within approved budget
- Authorization of overtime, approval of expense accounts
- Responsible for defining and delivering department KPIs in support of regional goals
- Secure on time launch of all projects with the highest product quality
- Management of project planning and resource allocation according to Company global guidelines and tools
- Report engineering activities into the Global Engineering organization
- Support all technical sales activities to secure future business awards
- Develop and maintain skill and competency level for electronics, hardware, mechanical, software and validation
- Develop and maintain best practices and standardization of all design and development processes.
- Lead technical interface with strategic customers, strategic partners and functional areas
- Provide routine and consistent assessment of competitive products and technologies.
Degree: BS/MS – Engineering required – Electronics preferred
Salary: Base plus bonus