Senior RF Engineer Automotive – New Posting!
Senior RF Engineer Automotive
Auburn Hills, MI
A global technology and manufacturing leader has an opening for an experienced Sr. RF Engineer. This person will design and test new active antennas for automotive applications. Designs include LNA, AM/FM/DAB Amplifier, RF Transceiver front-end circuits. Frequency bands include AM/FM/WB, 3G/4G Cell, WLAN/Bluetooth/Zigbee, GNSS, SXM, DSRC/V2V, DAB. Redesign current antennas for improved performance, reduced cost and/or adding additional frequency bands.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Coordinate with RF engineers on requirements for antennas
- Prepare antenna amplifier specifications
- Develop RF circuit design concept
- Confirm design through simulation and measurements
- Build functional prototype
- Perform design verification and confirm performance in a report.
- Develop matching networks
- Schematics and PCB layout design
- Oversee the electrical validation of the antenna system
- 5+-years’ experience in antenna development and testing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with EM and circuit simulation software
- Proficient with antenna test equipment including VNA, spectrum analyzer, noise figure meter and test antennas
- Proficient with hand tools for building and modifying circuits
Preferred skills, knowledge and abilities:
- AM/FM, GNSS, DAB and/or SXM LNA design experience
- LNA measurements including gain, noise figure, 1 dB compression, IP3
- Basic knowledge of standard manufacturing processes such as PCB fabrication and assembly
- Basic understanding of quality systems
- Automotive experience is a plus
- Professional, structured, autonomous, and creative work style
- Excellent team player, able to cooperate with International teams
Travel: Occasional travel inside and outside the US may be required.
Degree: BSEE or similar required
Salary: Base salary plus bonus and great benefits