Senior Mechanical Engineer – New Posting!
Senior Mechanical Engineer
(Please work with us directly, we will be glad to share the Clients information once you reach out to us; otherwise we cannot help you through the introduction, interview and offer process.)
We are partnered with a global manufacturer of automotive electronics that is growing their engineering team. The company is seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer who is able to develop mechanical designs of an automotive product, such as electronic modules. This person will have overall responsibility for these products. This person will interface directly with customers and suppliers. The qualified candidates will have 5+ years of experience in Automotive Mechanical Engineering. The company is a recognized leader in advanced technology for the automotive industry. The positions are leadership roles where you will be chartered with the technical support needed to grow their business.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- As lead mechanical engineer, execute product design of new or revised products. Prepare specifications, cost estimations and timing of new products.
- Study customer specifications and clarify all unclear points.
- Create or supervise 3D CAD and 2D Drawing development.
- Generate or supervise thermal, structural and moldflow analysis.
- Obtain customer approval and internal approval of drawings analyses and documents.
- Obtain product approvals from the customer, such as fit and finish, AAR, illumination and button feel.
- Work with customers, factories, and product/part suppliers regarding design and problem resolution of products.
- Develop and test packaging design for transportation.
- Schedule tracking and control.
- Task/program status reporting.
- Procedure generation and documentation.
- Decide upon mechanical design implementation methods.
- Identify and fix problems relating to the product.
- Initiate action to prevent shipment of nonconforming and suspect product.
- Identify and fix problems related to the process.
- Initiate, recommend and provide corrective and preventative actions.
- Identify, implement and review continuous improvement projects.
- Able to develop mechanical designs of the automotive product, such as electronic modules and cosmetic A surface features. Understanding of displays and vehicle seat structure is a plus.
- Complete understanding of boundary conditions and load definitions for thermal, structural, dynamic and mold-flow analyses.
- CAD operation capable (CATIA V5 desired; CATIA V6, NX, is a plus).
- Knowledgeable in plastic injection molding, sheet metal and die casting designs.
- Highly capable in the formulation and correct interpretation of ANSI GD&T.
DEGREE: Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
SALARY: Base salary and excellent benefits