Senior Engineer Electronics (301)
Senior Engineer – Electronics
A Global Tier 1 Supplier of Automotive Electronics is seeking a Senior Engineer to join their global team. This person will have 5+ years of experience and be responsible for performing product analysis of field returns, determining root cause, and identifying potential design and systemic process improvements to meet and exceed Company quality and continuous improvement objectives within their world class passive safety product portfolio.
- Interface to the Company manufacturing plants to identify and prioritize analysis activities.
- Identify root cause and corrective action(s) for warranty/field issues related to passive safety products including airbag control units, remote acceleration sensors, and remote pressure sensors.
- Support the application engineering teams regarding customer communications involving any issues being worked.
- Work with the passive safety platform development team to ensure design and process continuous improvement items are properly carried forward into new product development efforts.
- Prepare analysis reports and summary of design/process improvement recommendations.
- 3+ years related work experience in electronics. Ideal candidate must possess strong customer focused communication skills supporting engineering groups and assembly plant teams
- Passive safety electronics design experience preferred, but translatable digital & analog electronics acceptable
- Experience in automotive industry preferred
- Engineering change control processes and evaluation of change options
- Experience with OEM engineering systems preferred
- Ability to analyze and interpret oscilloscope data and other electronic lab data essential
- Understanding of basic analog, digital, and micro-electronics required
- Familiarity with DFMEA’s, DVP&R’s, and Design & Process Validation Testing of automotive electronic components
- Good communication skills for interfacing with engineering, suppliers, manufacturing and customers both verbal and written
DEGREE: Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
SALARY: Base plus bonus and excellent benefits