Senior Electrical Engineer – ECU – New Posting!
Senior Electrical Engineer – ECU
We are partnered with a truly World Class Manufacturer of Automotive Electronics systems and solutions that is seeking an experienced Sr. Electrical Engineer to support the development of Engine Control Units (ECUs). Listed below are additional duties and responsibilities. We are actively interviewing, if you want to learn more please submit your resume as soon as possible.
- Lead electrical circuit design and component selection
- Circuit analysis and bench verification
- Schematic entry into ECAD system
- Lead technical communications with customer
- Drives and guides architectural and design decisions.
- Responsible for solving urgent and complex problems and evaluating alternatives.
- Translates customer requirements into design solutions.
- Evaluates high payoff opportunities within technical specialty.
- Release project documentation for prototype and production builds
- Support EMC and Environmental validation testing
- Support prototype builds and new product launch in manufacturing
- Analyze customer returns
- Hands on experience in lab test equipment such as Oscilloscopes, wave form generator, multimeter, etc.
- Hardware development knowledge preferably on Analog
- Knowledge on Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) testing methodologies
- Product Development Process knowledge: Requirements traceability, Design, Simulation, Unit Tests, Validation, and Warranty Returns Analysis
- Outstanding knowledge and understanding of electrical circuit theory (RC, RL, RCL circuits, Diodes, OpAmps, BJT’s and MOSFETs)
- Must be able to multitask and perform a broad set of task from the essential function list (Task flexibility is key)
- 3+ years of automotive electrical engineering & product development experience
- 2+ years of experience within circuit analysis, hardware design, analog/digital circuit validation
- Must have 2+ years of experience with powertrain hardware design, worst case analysis, DFMEA, design for manufacturability, electrical simulation, thermal and power analysis
- Demonstrated experience working within electrical test lab
- 5+ years of experience in automotive electrical engineering & product development, HW design, powertrain electrification, ECU microcontroller development
- Expertise with analog circuit design
- Expertise with validation support
Salary: Base plus bonus and great benefits!