Sales Development Manager EV/HEV NA – New Posting!
Sales Development Manager EV/HEV NA
(Work out of home office)
A global developer of custom engineered and application specific products and solutions is seeking a Sales Development Manager EV/HEV. This person will establish new development programs with targeted leaders in the EV market. Manage the existing opportunity pipeline, while creating new sales opportunities with these accounts. Significantly grow the America’s business in the automotive and heavy transportation segments.
The focus will be on introducing the Company’s capabilities in fuses, smart fuses, and custom bus bars and cooling technologies; working then with customer designers and Company technologists to develop the solutions required for the fast paced Electric Vehicle market. Targeted customers include OEM’s and Tier 1 accounts in the Detroit area, but can also include EV accounts in California and heavy transportation customers in the Midwest.
- Develop and implement a new business strategy, aligning with company objectives, products and resources, to significantly grow the America’s business in the automotive segment.
- Interact with multiple levels within Engineering, Purchasing, and Quality professionals, defining the key decision makers, champions, influences and gatekeepers.
- Participate in relevant trade shows to increase Company visibility and position for future new business growth.
- Participate in Technical and Quality reviews to ensure new business proposals meet/exceed customer’s specifications and requirements.
- Analyze existing customer and market requirements and anticipate future customer demands and promote the consideration of the Company’s products and services to fill such requirements.
- Deep understanding of automotive powertrain systems, Electric Vehicle expertise a plus, as is experience in high voltage and high current systems.
- Experience selling engineered-product-into-OEM applications in the automotive market.
- Presence and familiarity with the Detroit area automotive OEM and Tier 1 environment.
- Broad experience in leading a cross functional team from product concept through design/development, implementation and production.
- Strong understanding of customer advanced development activities and approval milestones in order to progress initial concepts to working prototypes and ultimately production implementation.
- Strong technical aptitude and knowledge base.
- 5 – 10 years of relevant business development/sales experience working with the automotive OEM/Tier1’s
DEGREE: Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or Engineering preferred.
SALARY: Base, plus bonus, benefits and Company car