Power Field Applications Engineer – New Posting
Power Field Applications Engineer
Farmington Hills, MI
(Please work with us directly, we will be glad to share the Clients information once you reach out to us; otherwise we cannot help you through the introduction, interview and offer process.)
A World Class Manufacturer of Automotive Electronic products is seeking a Power Field Applications Engineer (FAE) to be part of the automotive sales team. The role will include responsibility for driving opportunity discovery and design wins, customer portfolio presentations, customer design proposals utilizing Company power solutions, technical reviews and analysis, and customer debug efforts with a specialty in Power products. The ideal candidate has hands-on experience in high performance automotive power applications and enjoys working in the lab to validate customer designs according to automotive application requirements. Experience with embedded automotive MCU/MPU design is an advantage.
- These power solutions are to be designed into automotive applications including xEV, MHEV, motor control (e.g. electric power steering), and other similar uses.
- Provide all types of technical support leading to design wins, as well as on-going support for existing products and customer programs as needed. These include schematic reviews, layout reviews, board bring ups, tuning/optimization and full validation.
- Provide guidance to customers on the value and strategic fit of Company Power product families.
- Maintain and develop understanding of our customers’ applications and use cases.
- Debug solution in customer application on-site at customer labs or at Company labs.
- Collaborate with other FAEs and communicate with Company application and design organizations to support customer design-in.
- Understand system solution design decisions and trade-offs (including magnetics, capacitors, and control loop) and make recommendations on product selection for the desired cost/benefit ratio.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical Engineering.
- 10+ years’ experience in power electronics, to include at least 6 years specifically on power electronics for automotive applications.
- Knowledge of the semiconductor industry.
- Applies business acumen to strive for success while prioritizing efforts towards highest ROI opportunities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are mandatory, as customer interface will be a significant aspect of the job.
On the Mark Recruiting Specialists, Inc. – Mark Shelton 313-268-33763