Mechanical Engineer Power Electronics – New Posting!
We are partnered with a truly World Class Manufacturer of Automotive Electronics systems and solutions who is seeking a Mechanical Engineer with 5+ year’s mechanical engineering experience. The engineer must demonstrate interface skills to the following organizations: the customer, the program manager, electrical design, purchasing, suppliers, supplier quality, PCB design, validation team, and an active design control board.
The mechanical engineer will have skills in the design of power electronics in the automotive environment. Specifically, the mechanical engineer will design, build, and validate to customer requirements, a battery charging system at the minimum of 11,000 Watts, and 400 VDC.
- Generate and/or lead the 3D/2D generation using ProE/CAD/Catia/PDM Link
- Coordinate and release the deliverables and their completion as defined in the PLC process (worst case, DFMEA, ..) and according to the projects requirements
- Support/lead the qualification of the mechanical components for A, B samples phases as well as to support the product validation and serial production phases
- Prints for a variety of components including die cast, stamped sheet metal, custom connectors, and other mechanical components that will be used in the purchasing process, and the validation process
- Show design skill with die casting, stamping, printed circuit boards, connectors, thermally conductive materials, screwing and clamping, and in general the aspects of design, build, and qualification of 11,000 watt 400 VDC power supplies for battery charging in the automotive environment
- CAD design of die cast, and stampings
- PCB to PCB interconnect technology
- Release detailed bill of material and technical documentation (product spec, drawings, etc…)
- Thermal solutions, including air and water based cooling, sealing methods suitable for module submersion.
- Solder joint reliability, vibration reliability, high voltage design consideration, and corrosion related design considerations.
- Design FMEA
- Operation of enterprise systems such as SAP
- Deliver and assist in delivery of customer presentations, demos for products.
- Coach/mentor & train peer engineers more junior in their position.
- Coordinate tasks and lab activities for prototype builds, verification and validation testing
- Lead technical quote, new development and/or failure analysis functions coordinating the activities with worldwide and local interfaces
- 3 to 5+ years of experience in high voltage, power supply, mechanical packaging & design (electronic + mechanical packaging plastic/metal) within the automotive industry
- 3+ years of experience in CAD design (Catia, ProE, etc..)
- Familiar with the different methodologies i.e. FMEAs, DOE, DVP&R, Statistics, CAE, DFA, DFM, Fault Tree Analysis and other engineering tools
Degree: BSEE or a technical equivalent
Salary: Base, plus bonus and benefits