Manager, Logistics – Warehouse/Shipping & Receiving – NEW POSITION
Manager, Logistics – Warehouse/Shipping & Receiving
Los Angeles area, CA
(Please work with us directly, we will be glad to share the Clients information once you reach out to us; otherwise we cannot help you through the introduction, interview and offer process.)
A global leading technology group is looking for a Manager, Logistics. The company is a family-owned portfolio company which traces its roots back to a pharmacy opened by the family in 1660. Today the company combines businesses in the environmental, energy, electronics, health, mobility and industrial applications sectors.
The Manager, Logistics will perform all logistic and warehouse management functions. Assist warehouse supervisor in effective management of company inventory. Assist shipping supervisor in managing on time shipments in a cost effective manner. Timely and accurate movement of products/materials in and out of country. Facilitating further development and enhancement of the skill level of the department members leading to increased productivity and customer satisfaction. Position will be responsible for continuously managing and reducing freight cost.
- Manage the movement of product/Material in and out of the country in accordance with organizational policies and procedures and comply with relevant state/country and international law and process.
- Maintain necessary documentation and on line forms for the cost-effective and lawful execution of all import/export activities.
- Maintain and share with local management, personal knowledge of all relevant import/export law and procedures, tariffs and duties, licenses and restrictions.
- Communicate and develop with US Custom Authorities and customers, as necessary to ensure efficient, positive and lawful relations.
- Research and report on future changes in import/export laws and regulations and plan company activities accordingly.
- Plan and implement strategically effective and relevant transport methods, which meet optimally the needs of the organization and its customers.
- Use personal initiative and judgment to develop effective and constructive contracts with freight forwarders and custom brokers.
- Maintain good communication with all departments to effectively manage customers and company’s environmental safety and interest.
- Control and Perform warehouse inventory on a quarterly basis.
- Investigate and reconcile all differences resulting from a quarterly warehouse inventory.
- Manage and report shipping cost reports by BU on a monthly basis.
- Manages time and attendance issues for plant EES
- Responsible for employer relations and conduction investigations.
- Responsible for hiring efforts for production operation positions
- Responsible for timely communication of information to Regulatory Compliance or designee regarding any planned changes and new investments (as relevant under environmental or occupational protection aspects),
- Responsible for the operation of the plants and the protection of the staff pursuant to the regulations and obligations in force
- Responsible for orderly recruitment, control and training of subordinates,
- Responsible for coordinating all activity related to fire protection,
- Responsible for coordinating with Safety for employee medical concerns,
- Responsible for immediate notification of any deviations from the operation in accordance with the regulations and of any industrial accidents to Regulatory Compliance or designee,
- Responsible for complying to the company code of conduct and for reporting any deviations to any of the company Compliance Officers,
Supervise and directs all production and process activities. Also, responsible for the direction of all shift and department personnel to include investigations, relations, performance and separations through coordination, and evaluation. Carries out Supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Must have a College degree.
- Must have 2+ years of managerial experience in logistics and warehouse management.
- Chemical Background- DOT, Hazwopper, HazMat , IATA