Lead Principal Engineer Power Distribution Systems – New Position!
Lead Principal Engineer Power Distribution Systems
Location: Livonia, MI
(Please work with us directly, we will be glad to share the Clients information once you reach out to us; otherwise we cannot help you through the introduction, interview and offer process.)
We are partnered with a Global Manufacturer and Supplier of Automotive Electronics who is looking for a Lead Principal Engineer Power Distribution Systems. This person should have 10+ years of experience as a semiconductor Application Engineer or Automotive Electronic System Design Engineer. Preferred experience serving automotive electronics, such as Body Control Modules, Smart Power Distribution Centers, Door Modules, Gateways, Power supplies, and Motor Control Applications.
The qualified candidate will:
- Be the regional technical expert focused on automotive electronic power distribution centers and related applications
- Develop system understanding and system solutions utilizing Company’s smart power devices, microcontrollers, power supplies, networking devices and sensors.
- Collaborate with sales team to provide expert application and product support to OEMs and Tier 1’s to secure new business opportunities
- Be part of a global expert team collaborating on new concepts, innovation and new technologies influencing the Company’s product and application roadmaps
- Establish and develop relationships with key customer engineering personnel and decision makers
- Engage with global product lines and regional marketing on strategies and best practices impacting the strategic direction
- Business acumen to assess the technical viability of solutions provided.
- Strong technical knowledge and design experience on a system level including software experience
- Broad understanding of power devices, 32 bit microcontrollers and sensors including smart power solutions
- Utilizes new and innovative methods to confront and solve problems
- Thermal design, modeling, simulation and analysis experience beneficial
- Ability to inspire others to follow your view despite an uncertain future by listening first to understand
- Business acumen to assess technical viability of solutions provided
DEGREE: B.S. Electrical Engineering
SALARY: Generous Base Salary, bonus, great benefits.