Key Account Manager – New Posting!
Key Account Manager
Auburn Hills, MI
We are partnered with a global leader in automotive electronics that is seeking an experienced Account Manager to join its fast paced growing team. The Company is well recognized for creative and innovated solutions on the vehicles of the future. This is truly an exciting opportunity for the Account Manager that wants to do more than just manage an Automotive Account. Listed below are key duties and responsibilities for this position we are actively interviewing, please submit your resume as soon as possible
- Responsible for coverage and penetration of large OEM accounts for the development and implementation of sales strategies, account management and in conjunction with program management, engineering and other related departments and personnel.
- Perform all job duties in alignment with the overall Company’s sales strategies to aggressively grow sales, maintain and improve the Company’s position in the marketplace and support achievement of annual sales and profit targets.
- Lead and manage positive and proactive relationship management with customer decision-makers to ensure that the Company’s products and services are selected and specified by customers to the maximum possible extent.
- Manage Contract Manufacturers Representatives in all sales and account efforts including customer sales, support, future vehicle plans and designs.
- Support and/or lead presentation development and execute at the customer level.
- Create and direct efforts toward new business in current or target accounts, and/or Tier ones. Identify new business opportunities and track sales progress toward objectives. Utilize the Company’s value proposition to advantage in all sales initiatives.
- Call on customer representatives such as Sales/Marketing/Brand Managers, Product Managers, Engineering Managers, and Purchasing Managers at customer facilities in automotive markets.
- Review customer’s product plans, vehicle specifications, and other relevant documents, data and information to develop sales proposals, price estimates and project schedules to demonstrate the capabilities of the Company as a Value-add supplier.
Consultative selling skills
- Ability to sell complete solutions
- Analytical; ability to collect and research data, use intuition and experience to generate creative solutions, and use feedback to modify designs
- Project Management Oversight: oversee account and customer teams to complete projects on time and on budget
- Technical: strives to continuously build knowledge, share expertise with others. Proficient with use of MS Office programs and CRM tools
- Customer Service: responds promptly to customer needs and requests for service/assistance. Meets commitments given to customers
- Leadership: exhibits confidence in self and others; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; accepts feedback
- Automotive; familiar with customer processes and requirements – PMT’s, Validation, DVP, DFMEA, etc.
Travel: Both domestic and international travel.
Salary: Base salary plus bonus and benefits