Field Applications Engineer (FAE)
Field Applications Engineer (FAE)
(Please work with us directly, we will be glad to share the Clients information once you reach out to us; otherwise we cannot help you through the introduction, interview and offer process.)
A World Class Manufacturer of Automotive Electronic products is seeking a FAE to become a key member of the automotive sales team operating out of the Detroit office. This role will include responsibility for driving opportunity discovery and design wins, customer portfolio presentations, customer design proposals utilizing Company solutions, technical reviews and analysis, and customer technical issue resolution. The focus will be on supporting Company automotive SOC & MCU product portfolio, but also includes discovering opportunities for Company related analog and power product to offer customers complete “winning combination” system solutions. The ideal candidate has hands-on SW and HW experience in applying SOC’s & MCU’s for automotive applications as well as experience managing technical interactions with customers.
- Provide pre-design-in technical support, including customer guidance on the value and strategic fit of Company automotive product families, product selection, product information, roadmaps, and technical proposals.
- Identify customer intelligence, including product requirements, decision criteria, roadblocks, timeline, budget, and competition.
- Provide post-design-in technical support throughout the product lifecycle, including schematic reviews, layout reviews, board bring-up, software reviews, software bring-up, technical issue resolution, and failure analysis (FA) support.
- Create and present technical training material related to Company products and IP, and the efficient utilization of Company technology for automotive applications.
- Collaborate with other FAEs and with sales, marketing, application, design, and operations organizations to achieve design-in targets and successfully support customer product launches.
- Maintain and develop understanding of our customers’ applications and use cases and participate and represent the voice of the customer in discussions with marketing and design teams.
- 7+ years of technical experience in SOC or MCU field application engineering, application engineering, and/or embedded HW/SW design, to include at least 2 years of experience working on automotive applications.
- Working knowledge of embedded C programming and debugging.
- Working knowledge of middleware integration for embedded MCUs.
- Working knowledge of AUTOSAR, especially MCAL configuration and integration.
- Working knowledge of the application of analog and power semiconductors in automotive applications.
- Hands-on system bring-up, testing, and debugging skills.
- Hands-on experience with oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and other standard lab equipment.
- Proven ability to analyze, debug, and solve a wide variety of technical problems.
- Proven ability to prioritize activities and effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously; able to balance strong technical skills with solid relationship building and account management capabilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as customer interface is a significant aspect of the job; personable,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of the semiconductor industry and basics of semiconductor manufacturing preferred.
DEGREE: BSEE or related engineering discipline
SALARY: Base salary, bonus, car allowance and great benefits