Field Application Engineer xEV
Field Application Engineer
(Please work with us directly, we will be glad to share the Clients information once you reach out to us; otherwise we cannot help you through the introduction, interview and offer process.)
We are partnered with a Global Manufacturer and Supplier of Automotive Electronics who is looking for a Field Application Engineer who will be responsible for customer application support in the Powertrain and EV segment, developing new business with medium to large size customers. If you enjoy leveraging your Technical skills while interfacing with customers, this is a great opportunity for you!
Responsibilities include applications engineering, customer support, and future product roadmap development.
- First-level technical support to the Company’s customers in the growing xEV field. Tasks will include understanding customer requirements and providing an optimized solution for their needs.
- Create solutions for customer-specific problems with Company products
- Provide on-site support for Company products
- Customer design-in support including schematic and layout reviews
- Conduct product presentations and training courses on Company products
- Gather North American regional requirements in the Powertrain and EV application area and influence the feature sets provided in Company’s future product families
- 3-5 years’ experience in automotive electronics application development (or equivalent experience)
- Experience in xEV power electronics is a plus
- A balance of technical and customer interface skills
- Application-level understanding of powertrain control electronics
- Knowledge of Engineering tools such as PSPICE, Saber, MathCAD, Matlab/Simulink, LabView, etc.
- Experience in the lab environment: tools such as oscilloscopes and other test equipment in addition to prototyping tools
- Ability to work with automotive OEM and T1 customers
- Understanding of OEM/Tier1 product development and qualification process is preferred
DEGREE: BSEE required
SALARY: Base plus bonus and excellent benefits
TRAVEL: 10 to 15%