Customer Quality Engineer (Automotive)
Customer Quality Engineer – Automotive
Detroit, MI/Work out of your home
We are retained by a startup Semiconductor company that is seeking a Customer Quality Engineer with electronics/semiconductor experience. The candidate will be responsible for continuous improvement of the company’s customers’ quality experience, with 2 major functions:
- Handling customer issues such as Field and Factory Failure Verification, and application correlation analysis activities at customer locations in the greater Detroit automotive market.
- The candidate will be responsible for working with customers on FMEA (i.e. risk analysis and mitigation) analysis during design phase such that Company and its customers build in quality during development through activities like DFMEA, Design for Reliability and Design for Test planning.
Be liaison between the customer and Company’s Quality and Engineering teams by:
- Providing onsite or remote technical support for initial investigation of engineering, warranty or assembly plant failures.
- Represent Company Quality function in all Design Engineering discussions, especially New Product Development activities involving DFMEA.
- Document failure analysis procedures and assist Engineering teams in developing containment tests.
- Driving Company team to improve the customer scorecard
- 5+ years of experience in the semiconductor industry or automotive electronics industry supporting technical products. Experience in Application Engineering, Product Engineering, Test Engineering, Failure Analysis is a must. Process Engineering and Quality Engineering experience is a plus.
- Ability to offer customers support (onsite if needed) and successful utilization of internal resources.
- The successful candidate must have strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills as well as strong interpersonal and communication skills. Experience interfacing and negotiating with customers is required.
- Fact-based, decision making skills with focus on root cause analysis. Attention to details.
Degree: BSEE required
Travel: Occasional travel may be required.
Salary: Base salary plus benefits