Business Development Manager – Electric Vehicles (310)
Business Development Manager – Electric Vehicles
Detroit, MI (This position will work out of your home)
A global developer of custom engineered and application specific products and solutions is seeking a Business Development Manager or Solutions Engineer with proven skills in prospecting with strategic customers, developing long term product developmental relationships with the engineering and purchasing organizations of key accounts; with 5 – 10 years of relevant business development/sales experience working with the automotive OEM/Tier1’s. The focus will be on introducing the Company’s capabilities in fuses, smart fuses, custom bus bars and cooling technologies; working then with customer designers and Company technologists to develop the solutions required for the fast paced Electric Vehicle market. Targeted customers include OEM’s and Tier 1 accounts in the Detroit area, but can also include EV accounts in California and heavy transportation customers in the Midwest.
Establish new development programs with targeted leaders in the EV market. Manage the existing opportunity pipeline, while creating new sales opportunities with these accounts.
- Develop and implement a new business strategy, aligning with company objectives, products and resources, to significantly grow the America’s business in the automotive segment.
- Collect competitive and market intelligence to help define future industry needs and requirements, along with recommended action plans to grow business for all four product lines.
- Interact with multiple levels within Engineering, Purchasing, and Quality professionals, defining the key decision makers, champions, influences and gatekeepers.
- Work with Company’s Sales and Product Line resources to optimize the impact of the actions of the EV team.
- Participate in relevant trade shows to increase Company visibility and position for future new business growth.
- Analyze existing customer and market requirements and anticipate future customer demands and promote the consideration of the Company’s products and services to fill such requirements.
- Deep understanding of automotive powertrain systems, Electric Vehicle expertise a plus, as is experience in high voltage and high current systems.
- Experience selling engineered-product-into-OEM applications in the automotive market.
- Presence and familiarity with the Detroit area automotive OEM and Tier 1 environment.
- Broad experience in leading a cross functional team from product concept through design/development, implementation and production.
- Strong technical aptitude and knowledge base.
Degree: Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or Engineering preferred.
Salary: Base plus bonus and benefits – negotiable